• The stallion inspections are being planned for early September
• The mare inspections will start (we hope) at various venues from early July
• Owners should now complete application forms, not an expression of interest form. Stallion owners should have the pre-inspection vetting and x-rays done, if they can do so within government guidelines for travel.
• The new closing date for mare and stallion inspections is 31 May 2021.
• Mare venue location will depend on the location of the mares. Mares will be inspected in small groups, observing government guidelines in place at the time.
• There will be a small number of venues for unvaccinated mares. Owners will be informed if there are unvaccinated horses on the premises.
• Based on present expressions of interest, we hope to have venues for mare inspections in Scotland, the North of England (there may be more than one venue), the Annual Breed Show, Warwickshire, South Wales and Somerset/Dorset.
• We do not need the fees yet, but we would like the forms to be completed and sent in. This helps us a great deal because we can start the eligibility checks and make sure we are ready to move on finalising venues as soon as the lockdown regulations are eased in the relevant area.
• Applicants for Hornby Premiums must bring their mare and foal to a grading venue or Annual Breed Show/regional show.
• Once we have your contact details, we will email individual owners with updates as they become available.