Annual inspections are organised for grading eligible stallions and mares. In 2011 the IDHS (GB) harmonised with the parent society and holders of the main studbook of origin, Horse Sport Ireland. Our registration and inspection procedures are in line with and accepted by, HorseSport Ireland and the other harmonised societies abroad.
Stallion & Mare Inspections 2021: Morton Morrell College, Warwickshire
- The new closing date for mare and stallion inspections is 31 May 2021.
- Completed application forms and fees should be sent in now. This will help us to start the eligibility checks and finalise venues according to the easing of lockdown regulations in relevant areas.
- Stallion owners should have the pre-inspection vetting and x-rays done if they can do so within government guidelines for travel.
- The stallion inspections are being planned for 2nd September and the mares will follow on 3rd September 2021
- The mare inspections will start (we hope) at various venues from early July
- Mare venue location will depend on the location of the mares. Mares will be inspected in small groups, observing government guidelines in place at the time. Based on present expressions of interest, we hope to have venues for mare inspections in Scotland, the North of England (there may be more than one venue), the Annual Breed Show, Warwickshire, South Wales and Somerset/Dorset.
- There will be a small number of venues for unvaccinated mares. Owners will be informed if there are unvaccinated horses on the premises.
- Applicants for Hornby Premiums must bring their mare and foal to a grading venue or Annual Breed Show/regional show.
- Once we have your contact details, we will email individual owners with updates as they become available.