Who we are:
The Irish Draught Horse Society (GB) is a registered charity (No.: 1080522) and a company limited by guarantee.
Our website address is: https://idhsgb.org.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it:
- to allow us to keep in contact with owners of Irish Draught horses and Irish Draught Sport Horses and provide a service to them
- to meet Defra, Minimum Operating Standards and Central Equine Database requirements
- for limited statistical purposes
- as part of our inspection and registration services, limited personal data is made available to Horse Sport Ireland, linked with ownership of horses. Horse Sport Ireland is based in Naas, in the Republic of Ireland.
- We share horse pedigree data with other harmonised countries (currently the USA, Australia and Canada), we do not share personal data such as ownership details.
- to provide a list of panel judges to affiliated shows
- to process entries for the Annual Breed Show and produce a show catalogue
- we may have to disclose personal information to third parties, such as the police, Defra and Trading Standards, when required by law. This would be to help to prevent or detect passport fraud or other criminal activity, to support the government’s response to disease control or to assist in locating lost or stolen animals.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with:
We never pass on contact information to other owners and members without permission and we do not, under any circumstances pass on any personal data to third parties for commercial purposes
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
Personal data will be retained for only as long as it is needed to be compliant with the law and to provide a service to owners and members.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data:
Everyone on whom we hold personal data has the right to:
• obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about them
• request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about them
• receive copies of the personal information we maintain about them.
If anyone considers that the personal data that the Society holds about them is inaccurate, they can ask us to change or delete it.